Friday, May 16, 2014

Mother's Day

Today is Mother's Day. I returned from a class yesterday to find a bouquet of flowers that my children had picked for me sitting on the table. My son, who has struggled to deal with my illness, gave me a beautiful string art heart that he had made, together with a beautiful letter. My daughter had given me a self profile with bits about Central Asia, where she was born.

We went to a movie. Of my choosing! Wrote a short piece and am blogging again. And it has been a wonderful spring day to spend with the kids. A celebration of life.  And recently, all my checkups have been good, even though I still suffer with a complication of treatment. So, I am looking forward to my life, many years of it, to finish raising my children.

What more could a mother want?

No comments:

Post a Comment